Celebrating Our Cultures
Let’s celebrate our cultural heritages and traditions represented at Doss! The celebrations culminate with our “Doss Cultural Week” and “Doss Cultural Heritage Festival” night that includes international music, performances, dance, stories, exhibitions and international desserts. Families are needed to help:
- Host a booth (to highlight your country’s traditions)
- Perform a cultural-oriented song, dance, activity or reading
- Read in your native language
Additional volunteers are welcome to help:
- Decorate our halls with international flags drawn by the students
- Assemble “passports”
- Setup or tear-down for the multi-cultural festival
- Join the Cultural Heritage Committee, learn the history and be part of the fun
- Shadow and become a committee “Co-Chair in training” for next year!
This year’s Cultural Heritage Festival Night will be held THURSDAY, March 1, 2018, 6-8 PM. Doss Cultural Week is Feb. 26-Mar. 2, 2018. Check out Livingtree and the weekly “Doss Owl News” e-newsletter for more details.
Please contact the Committee Co-Chairs to participate:
Booths – Anne Jansson, email@example.com
Performances – Sandra Ely, firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Co-Chairs are needed to coordinate logistics, desserts, and volunteers.