We encourage families to visit their children and volunteer at Doss. When you visit the school, please follow our courtesy and security rules:
- Sign In/Sign Out! AISD has upgraded the Raptor system to improve the safety and security of our students and teachers. This system will be used to check in all visitors to Doss AND to check in any student who is tardy to school. When visiting Doss, you will need to bring an ID every time you visit. The ID will be scanned through Raptor and you will receive a visitor badge to wear. All visitors must come to the office to sign in. All visitors must be buzzed in at our front doors. Please do not allow people to trail in behind you.
- Let the teachers teach! A teacher is always working! Unplanned visits to the classroom interrupt precious teaching time. A teacher walking a class in the hallways is still on duty. This is not the time for a conference or lengthy conversation. However, a smile, wave, or quick greeting is always welcome!
- There are no strangers at Doss. If you see an adult in the hallway, greet them! If the adult does not have a badge, direct them to the front office where they can sign in. If you see someone suspicious without a badge, please tell the office staff immediately. Fortunately, Doss does not have an issue with security – let’s keep it that way by getting to know each other!
- Eat lunch with your child! We love lunch visitors and encourage you to come eat with your child! When you come to Doss for lunch, you may sit with your student at the oblong grey table by the cafeteria doors (our cafeteria is very tight and there is not enough available seating at the student tables). You are also welcome to eat at the tables in the hallway by the main office or at the picnic tables outside. You may have only your child(ren) sit with you at these locations. No friends will be allowed to accompany you. Also, remember that students have 30 minutes to eat, and it is the parent’s responsibility to return the student back to class on time.
- Friendly Reminder: To respect the privacy of our teachers and staff and for the safety of our students, students and children are not permitted in the teachers lounge. Thank you!
Thank you for your cooperation as we all work together to keep our students safe and our school clean. See you at Doss!