Good afternoon Doss parents and families. I hope you are having a great Friday.
Well, this will be my final principal message as my last day at Doss will be Thursday, October 13th. As I move closer to my last day, know that I and the admin. team are preparing to ensure a smooth transition to temporary and, eventually, new leadership. As Mr. Castillo’s letter stated last evening, Dr. Terrance Eaton will serve at Doss temporarily until my successor is named sometime in early spring 2023. I have worked with Dr. Eaton on several occasions and know him to be a great administrator. Last spring, he served as an AP sub at Anderson High School and, more recently, at Kealing. I am confident he will continue to support and serve the entire Doss Learning Community.
It has been a true honor and privilege to serve you, our students, and staff over the past three and a half years. I am a better leader, educator, father, and husband because of what I have learned during my time. Doss continues to be an inclusive place for all students, staff, and families and is an example of educational excellence due to everyone’s efforts and collaboration. I will miss seeing you and your children but know that you will continue to see me now and then as I attend events and gatherings for Vail and, eventually, Berkeley. If I may ever be of assistance to you moving forward, I am always an email away. Who knows, I may see some of you at Kealing!
Have a wonderful weekend
- Dr. Eaton Parent Meeting Monday, October 10 at 6:00 P.M.
- As Mr. Castillo’s message indicated, there will be a parent meet and greet session with Dr. Eaton on Monday, October 10th in the Doss cafeteria.
- Dr. Eaton will talk about himself and say hello to everyone.
- From the Desk of Pat Minford, Doss Registrar
- Parents, if you receive an income verification notification from AISD the week of October 3rd, please complete the Income Verification Survey.
- You will only receive this notification if income information was not provided during online registration.
- The percentage of students identified as economically disadvantaged determines the funding of many programs, including State Compensatory Education, Title 1 Federal Grant Program, E-Rate, Teacher Incentive Allotments, CCMR Readiness Allotment, and Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (PEBT). It also impacts campus accountability ratings.
- We appreciate your cooperation.
- Staff Parking Spot Reminder
- As a reminder, all numbered parking spots are reserved for staff parking during school hours.
- Please feel free to utilize the parking lot at the corner of North Hills and Ridgecreek, on the street, or in our visitor parking in front of the school.
- November 8: Student Holiday/Staff PD Day
- Recently, the AISD board of trustees made Tuesday, November 8 a student holiday/staff PD day.
- There will be no school on this day as our staff take time to conduct professional development and vote.
- AISD Community Retreat #7
- Please save the date for Community Retreat #7 on Eliminating Racial Disparities in Discipline and Punishment. This year we will focus on using discipline data to inform our workgroup goals and metrics.
- We will be hosting a hybrid meeting on Tuesday, October 11th from 5:45pm-7:45pm at the Alternative Learning Center (ALC) at the Anita Coy Facility (4900 Gonzales Street).
- Use this form to RSVP
- Zoom Information