Good afternoon Doss parents and families.
Thanks to ALL of our parents that came to campus today to either set up for the Staff Winter Holiday Luncheon or came to support in the classrooms. It was AMAZING to see parents serving our students so our teachers/staff could spend time together enjoying lunch. Ya’lls support was greatly appreciated.
We found out early this week we would be adding a 5th grade teacher as our non-DLA classrooms, with virtual students, were ranging from 29-30 students. Our 5th grade team, while they hate to lose the close relationship built with their students, are looking forward to smaller classroom sizes so they better serve our student’s needs. Starting January 4th, Ms. Derry Wagner, former student intern in Mrs. Cardwell’s class, will begin as a long-term substitute. We look forward to her serving our students.
Lastly, be sure to provide feedback on next year’s calendar. The notice came yesterday from our Human Capital office. If you did not receive this link, I am adding it for your reference below.
2022-2023 and 2023-2024 Calendar Feedback (Links to an external site.) (Feedback closes Monday, December 13 at 3:00 P.M.)
Have a wonderful weekend!
- Winter Holiday Party Schedule
- Pre-K – Thursday, December 16, 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- Kinder – Friday, December 17, 8:15 am – 9:30 am
- 1st – Friday, December 17, 8:00 am – 8:45 am
- 2nd – Friday, December 17, 12:00 – 12:45 pm
- 3rd – Thursday, December 16 1:30 pm – 2:15 pm
- 4th – Friday, December 17, 12:00 pm – 12:45 pm
- 5th – Friday, December 17, 1:45 pm – 3:10 pm
- Welcome Nami Lee back to Doss!
- Mrs. Lee will return to Doss the week of January 10 as our new Math Specialist.
- If you do not know her, she worked at Doss for several years in various grade levels.
- She brings a wealth of knowledge to serve our students!.
- Parent Question: Is Doss Tracking Student COVID-19 Vaccinations?
- Answer: No, but parents may submit their student’s documentation ot nurse Paula if they choose.
- Nominations for African American Heritage Award (Links to an external site.)
- Student Access to Food Over the Break
- With many AISD students living in food insecure households, access to healthy food may be challenging when the district is closed. Families can use the community resources below to find free meals in their area while AISD offices and schools are closed for the winter break:
- Central Texas Food Bank – Find Food Now (Links to an external site.)
- United Way for Greater Austin – ConnectATX (Links to an external site.)
- Texas Health and Human Services (Links to an external site.) – Call 2-1-1 or (877) 541-7905 to speak to a live operator.
- The last day Food Service will distribute meal packs for virtual learners is Dec. 8. On this day, families will receive eight meal packs, to provide food through Dec. 17.