Good afternoon Doss parents and families.
Thank you all so much for taking time to talk with our teachers this week. As indicated previously, it is a campus expectation that all parents receive a phone call this week. Our teachers were able to collect valuable information that will support both virtual and reopening plans when the time comes.
Based on feedback provided to our teachers, it seems many of our families are still undecided about their child(ren) returning to Doss when we are able to open the campus for students. Our teachers are still needing time to make the same decision as well. Due to these two factors, we will not be moving students in August. Your child will remain with their current teacher. If/when we are notified that students are able to return, we will let you know which teachers will be returning and which will teach virtually. Then, at some point prior to the reopening of schools, you will be asked to make a decision. I hope this helps relieve any anxiety you may have as we move to starting the 2020-2021 school year.
Lastly, if you missed the parent/principal coffee yesterday, I shared our Doss specific reopening plan. The plan will remain in Google Doc form so that I may continuously update it with the newest information. In order to make it the relevant to our community, I ask that you provide feedback on the parent/principal padlet. While much information will be shared with your from your classroom teacher, this guide serves to give more campus specific information. Thank you in advance for your support!
- Read the Doss Elementary Reopening Plan
- If you have suggestions, please post them under the “Doss Reopening Plan” section of the parent/principal padlet
Local Health Authority Guidelines for Reopening Schools
- This plan will support AISD when we reopen schools in the fall. It’s an excellent read.
Calendar of Events
- Meet the Teacher/Distribution Event
- Mark your calendars for a Doss “Drive-By” Meet the Teacher and Distribution Event! This event will take place at the new Doss campus bus loop the week of Monday, August 31st to Thursday, September 3rd. Each grade-level will have a 1 1/2 hour time slot to drive through the Doss parking lot, wave at teacher(s), grab spirit gear items and Sprout school supplies (if ordered by the deadlines) and MORE. Please refer to the schedule below as your grade-level teachers will be present at this time. If you are unable to attend your time but still want to grab your ordered items, we will have a time on Thursday from 10:00-11:30 to pick up items. Remember to stay in your vehicle and wear your personal protective equipment to keep students, staff, and volunteers safe! To help with the timeliness of distribution, we are asking families to write their LAST NAME on a sheet of paper in dark, legible print and place this on your dash board for easy visibility!
- Monday, August 31st 8:30-10:00: PreK Students
- Monday, August 31st 10:00-11:30: Kindergarten Students
- Tuesday, September 1st 8:30-10:00: 1st Grade Students
- Tuesday, September 1st 10:00-11:30: 2nd Grade Students
- Wednesday, September 2nd 8:30-10:00: 3rd Grade Students
- Wednesday, September 2nd 10:00-11:30: 4th Grade Students
- Thursday, September 3rd 8:30-10:00: 5th Grade Students
- Thursday, September 3rd 10:00-11:30: Make-Up Distribution Time (no teachers present)
- August 27 and 28
- Doss teachers officially move into their studios!
Day Care Options for School Aged Children *Updated*
- We are proud to partner with the following day care centers to provide you options for school aged children while they work in the virtual setting.
- All, with the exception of the Children’s Courtyard, offer free/reduced tuition for families who qualify. (Note: Children’s Courtyard will offer soon).
- Leaps and Bounds is now added to this list. I am waiting on pricing information and will update this post when received.
- I have also contacted each center to ensure they open prior to 7:45 so our student’s do not miss out on virtual learning at begins at 7:45.
- In addition, iKids is offering tutors for pod learning.
- My Friend’s House
- Jewish Community Center (JCC)
- Children’s Courtyard (The Prep Lab)
- iKids (Pod Learning Tutors)
- Idea Labs *NEW*
Doss Park Clean Up
- Saturday, August 29th at 8:00 A.M.
- This date may change due to the availability to entire park. If it changes I will update everyone.
- If you would like to volunteer or have questions, please email Mr. Rob Gordon
Got Tech Questions?
- The following Google Doc is being used to support parents with all updated information regarding technology for reopening. Please reference this document or email Tracy Sheridan if you have specific questions.
- AISD Parent Tech and Distribution FAQ
- Revised Calendar
- DOI Dates: January 5 and February 12, 2021
Living Tree Has Been Updated
- Living Tree has been updated with all new enrolled students and parents.
- Please check with Pat Minford if you have questions.