Good afternoon Doss parents and families. I hope you are well today.
We had yet another fabulous and busy week here at Doss! We were incredibly grateful to have our elevators working after a few week hiatus. After working daily with our maintenance team, it seems there was an update done on our elevators over the summer that interfered with communications within the hydraulic systems. This issue persisted due to the various elevator firms trying to pin point the exact cause. Please know we believe this will never happen again. I appreciate everyone’s support and understanding while they were down.
Earlier this week I was able to attend a meeting about hosting an Austin business member in late September. The goal of this “Principal of the Day” visit is to give members of the community a glimpse into what principals, teachers, and students do everyday. I have planned many walkthroughs and meetings so my guest will get an accurate representation of a day in the life of a school in 2022. I also had an all-day principal meeting yesterday and heard from our interim superintendent, Dr. Mays. He reviewed many items including the AISD bond. You can check out the information below. Please let me know if you have any questions!
Lastly, I would like to shout out the Mrs. Cheung and the DLI crew (Mrs. Law, Ms. Ye, Mrs. Chiu, and Dr. Hsieh) for putting together the Mid-Autum Festival last Friday evening. It looked as though we had a few hundred parent and students out at the playground. It was an amazing event! Also, I want to send a special shout out to our SPED team (Ms. Kent, Mrs. Young, Mrs. Gall, Ms. Hunter, Mrs. Bishop, and Ms. Wankel) for supporting our MANY students despite having a few teaching vacancies. Your work is noticed and truly appreciated. We will be attending a job fair next Saturday, September 24th to, hopefully, find a candidate for one of these positions.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and weekend!
- Mayor Pro Tem Allison Alter’s School Resource Guide
- Afternoon Vehicle Pick Up Message
- We ask that all parents stay in your vehicles during parent pick up in the afternoon.
- When parents exit their vehicle to help students into their seats, it creates an unsafe environment and slows the car line.
- Our staff are more than happy to help get your child into the car and buckled safely.
- GT Referral Window Opens September 19
- If you would like to nominate your child, please see the following information and discuss with your classroom teacher.
- Doss GT Parent Message (English and Spanish)
- Doss Parent GT Referral Form (English and Spanish)
- Virtual GT Information Sessions (English and Spanish)
- Community Retreat #7 on Eliminating Racial Disparities in Discipline and Punishment
- Please save the date for Community Retreat #7 on Eliminating Racial Disparities in Discipline and Punishment. This year we will focus on using discipline data to inform our workgroup goals and metrics.
- We will be hosting a hybrid meeting on Tuesday, October 11th from 5:45pm-7:45pm at the Alternative Learning Center (ALC) at the Anita Coy Facility (4900 Gonzales Street).
- Use this form to RSVP
- Friday Assembly Update
- Thank you to all the parents and families who joined us last Friday for our first Friday assembly. It was great!
- As a campus, we made a decision to hold once each month on the second Friday of each month.
- Our next assembly will be held Friday, October 21 at 7:40 in the Doss café.
- We hope to have more to celebrate with you all then!