Good afternoon Doss parents and families. It was great to see many of you in person and virtually for our first Parent/Principal Coffee this morning! See below for our recorded video and presentations (note: counselor and GT presentation imbedded within the specific slide).
We will add a 1st and 2nd grade teacher to Doss over the next 2-3 weeks and are awaiting an answer on kinder, which we should know sometime next week. If approved, this will mean that we will need three teachers, which is great for our students and teachers to reduce classroom sizes. Thankfully, we have teachers in mind to fill these positions should our district officials allow them to come to Doss. As always, more information will be shared next week specifically with our kinder, 1st, and 2nd grade parents.
Next week brings the return of our weekly Friday assemblies. If you are new to Doss, we traditionally have weekly Friday assemblies for our students, staff, and parents to celebrate everything Doss. This was actually the philosophy behind our cafeteria design! It is the one space where everyone can gather regardless of the weather. Additionally, we welcome our parents and families to have lunch with their child beginning next week as well. Please note that we have select tables in the cafeteria or parents/families can utilize the colorful tables just outside the cafe and that we do not allow your child’s friends to join you. We look forward to seeing you all soon!
We are also REALLY looking forward to our first student author visit next week! Author Aaron Reynolds will speak to our pre-k, kinder, 1st, and 2nd grade students. I hope you and your students are able to support this visit by purchasing one of his books. Have a great three-day weekend!
- AISD RAVE for Doss Staff
- I’ve many positive emails and comments about our staff over the past three weeks. Thank you!
- AISD has a great way of showing your appreciation to your favorite Doss staff member by completing an AISD RAVE Recognition.
- AISD RAVE
- Wear Maroon on Tuesday, September 6 for Uvalde
- I am encouraging all staff and families to wear maroon on Tuesday, September 6 to show our hearts are with Uvalde.
- Afternoon Pick Up Reminder
- As a reminder, please do not exit your vehicle in the pick up like to help your child enter the vehicle.
- Doss staff members are fully willing and able to support your child access you vehicle safely.
- Thank you for your support to ensure student, staff, and parent safety.
- AISD District Advisory Council (DAC)
- What is the District Advisory Council (DAC)?
- The District Advisory Council is a committee of parents, students, business and community representatives, teachers, principals, and other district staff. The formation of the DAC is required by state law (Texas Education Code, §11.251). Specific functions of the DAC include providing review and comment on:
- District Educational Program
- District Performance
- District Improvement Plan
- Student Code of Conduct
- District Staff Development Plan
- Waiver Requests to the State
- District Budget
- What is the mission of the DAC?
- The mission of the DAC is to promote excellence in education for all AISD students through broad-based community representation. The DAC provides valuable input to the Superintendent and Board of Trustees, who ultimately have decision-making responsibility for the district.
- Where can I learn more?
- A standard membership application is provided in the District Advisory Bodies section. More detailed information about the DAC is contained in the DAC Bylaws. To apply for membership, please complete and submit the standard application form: English / Spanish