Good morning Doss parents and family. I hope your Friday is off to a great start.
Week 6 Walkthrough Photos (Not Many This Week)I had my monthly meeting with Dr. Mays and his leadership crew on Tuesday morning this week. We began our session with learning about how we received our names and a brief story about our lives. While it took a while to complete the activity, it was a great practice in getting to know each other. I hope to do something similar with our staff (in small groups of course) sometime this fall to continue our goal of building collaboration and teamwork. We also covered the following information:
- HR: Looking to clear postings online to show an actual number of positions we have. New systems are being worked on, so positions will be processed much quicker in the future.
- I asked about additional staffing (campus based and central office) for next year but no clear answer on this.
- SPED: Finish leveling. There were some grow areas here particularly with how conversations went down. Working to have mediations sessions with schools and almost completed.
- Pay Increases for Staff: Mays is very focused on making teachers the highest paid in central Texas. Expect a sizable pay raise for teachers and staff for next year. All staff will get something. More to come.
Additionally, both Sarah Kent and Angie Bell attended an Executive Director (my boss) listening session this week to provide feedback (see attached picture). They heard many of the same concerns from other teachers that we have had over the past month and look forward to having future conversations with Mr. Castillo. I am proud of our district leaders taking time to listen to us and many of our AISD communities. The future is bright in AISD! Have a restful weekend. Updates
- Human Sexuality and Responsibilities (HS&R) Timeline
- Ms. Mydra and I attended an HS&R session on Wednesday this week.
- We will provide a teacher training on November 8 and a parent session soon after.
- This year, parents must opt-in students to these lessons.
- Teachers will teach the lessons in December, just prior to winter break.
- More information is forthcoming. For now, you can find all resources here.
- October 7 Early Release Information
- Students will release at 1:30.
- All schedules will run as normal on this day.
- October 4 Staff, Parent, and Community Bond and Trustee Presentations
- On October 4th from 5:00-6:30 P.M., Doss PTA will host both a bond presentation and the two trustee candidates for district 4 in the café. I expect this to be a highly attended event and to be very informative. If you cannot make it in person, do take time to Zoom in if you can.
- Doss CAC Meeting 9/29 @ 3:30
- The Doss CAC will hold our next meeting on Thursday, September 29th from 3:30-4:30 in the Community Room.
- The agenda will be shared when it has been completed.
- Holy Day Form
- In anticipation of the two Jewish holidays coming up, I want to make sure the Holy Day form is accessible to our community for their convince. I can excuse absences for both days if parents submit this form to Alfred in the office
- Holy Day Form