On Friday, the Doss staff spent the morning engaging in discussion around furniture at our new campus. The purpose was to ensure they had an understanding of what they could and could not bring with them this summer and to help them make more informed decisions about selecting their modernized furniture on Tuesday.
We also conducted an annual compliance training over the Texas English Language Proficiency Assessment System (TELPAS) and reviewed the new Human Sexuality and Responsibilites (HS&R) curriculum. Our staff had some great questions and will spend the next few months learning the curriculum for deployment in late May.
I hope everyone has a wonderful four day weekend. We will see you and your students back at Doss on Tuesday, February 18th!
Parent/Teacher Conferences (2/17)
- In addition to the Menchaca Elementary visit, our teachers will conduct parent/teacher conferences on Monday, February 17th.
- There will be no school on this day.
Parent SEL Book Study Week 4
- Wednesday, February 19 from 7:45-9:00 A.M.
Doss Modernization Tour (2/21)
- The next modernization tour will take place on Friday, February 21st from 3:30-4:30.
- I will send an email to those parents next in line soon. If you have signed up, please be on the lookout for my email
PTA Spirit Night (2/19)
- Wednesday, February 19th from 5:00-8:00 P.M. at Wally’s
- Please join us at Wally’s for great food and fun. Proceeds will support the Doss PTA!
Mandarin Immersion Parent Info Session #2
- Thursday, February 20th from 12:00-12:30 in room 107
- This is for prospective parents that have interest in joining the MCI lottery this spring.
International Parents Information Session II (2/25)
- Time: Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2020, 6:00-7:00 PM
- Place: Cafeteria at Murchison Middle School
- Purpose: To share information about upcoming State testing, school events, new building, and etc.
Thank you Parents for Supporting UIL!
Huge thanks for the following parents for proctoring the UIL spelling competition last Saturday!
- Nishi Goel
- Julie Waltzer
- Emma Garrett
- Meghann Agarwal
Reminder about Parking at Doss
- As a reminder, please be aware to not block driveway areas and parking in front of fire hydrants.