Welcome to Doss!
Beginning January 16, 2023, parents of students living in the Doss attendance zone can pre enroll
for the 2023-2024 school year.
EARLY LEARNING DAY will be Wednesday, April 5, 2023.
Join us at Doss on April 5th from 8:30am-10:30am & 4:30pm-6:30pm to take a campus tour* (morning session only) led by a Doss parent, complete online registration, complete the Pre-K screener, turn in your documentation, get registration questions answered and meet the principal and/or other administrative staff and teachers. Early Learning Day is open to all families that need assistance registering for school.
*This tour will be led by a Doss parent volunteer and focus on the preK and Kinder areas of the school as well as the other main gathering areas for the students. Registration for the tour is not required. This tour is intended for parents/adults. A tour specific to incoming kinder students will occur on May 4th at 1pm.*
SY 22-23 for SY23-24 Student Enrollment Timelines
Phase I: Programs of Choice Oct. 17, 2022 -January 13, 2023
Common Application window to apply for application-based programs (magnet, dual language, PTECH, arts, etc.) is now closed.
Feb. 6, 2023 – Program Decision are Communicated to Students
Feb. 17, 2023 – Family Choice Decisions are due
Phase II: Neighborhood Schools & Transfers
Jan. 16, 2023 – Online Registration opens for all schools (Excluding Pre-K)
Jan. 16, 2023 – Feb. 7, 2023 – Priority Transfer window (Excluding Pre-K)
Feb. 8, 2023 – Out of District Transfers Opens (Excluding Pre-K)
Phase III: Pre-K Registration & Eligibility Screening
April 3, 2023 – Pre-K Eligibility Screening, Registration, and Transfers process begins (tuition process will begin, but students qualifying for non-tuition [Eligibility] will be prioritized)
- Step 1: Complete the Pre-K Application
- Step 2: Submit Verification Documents starting in April 2023
- Notification of acceptance will be sent upon completion of student eligibility
- The Texas Education Agency (TEA) requires that we collect all necessary documentation and successfully verify eligibility before issuing a notice of acceptance letter.
- Missing documentation or errors found during the verification process could delay the notification of acceptance.
- The (TEA) determines criteria for acceptance into Pre-K. Learn more about TEA qualifications.
- Once notification of acceptance is received, campuses can enroll
- Sign-up to receive the most up to date information.
Start by gathering the following documents ready to upload in step #9 of the online registration. You will not be able to go back and upload after you have confirmed your registration.
* Student’s state issued birth certificate (passport if born outside the US). https://dshs.texas.gov/vs/reqproc/certified_copy.shtm
* Immunizations https://www.austinisd.org/student-health/immunizations
* Social Security Card (for student)
* Parent(s) driver’s license
* One of the following (anything else will not be accepted) for proof of residence –
—lease, all occupants listed
—current mortgage statement
—current City of Austin electric bill
* If applicable, custody documents
For online registration go to https://www.austinisd.org/haveitall
Additionally, for PK registration fill out the screener https://access.austinisd.org/DMPrekScreenerVueApp/#/perform
the PK department will get back to you with any additional documents you will need to submit.
Student Information Sheet (one information sheet per student)
For Grades 1- 5 only – Request for Records Form
Please note that your child(ren) is unable to be placed in a class until all steps have been successfully
completed and all documentation has been verified. We are not notified of enrollment through the Austin
ISD web site, so please email all documents not uploaded to email@example.com she will
follow up if anything else is needed.
If you are having trouble with your portal account, call the Parent Help Line at 512-414-9187.