Hello Doss Families!
This place is a great resource to find out what your child is learning in guidance, SEL opportunities and events, resources and so much more.
- Classroom Guidance Lessons: Planned, educational lessons designed to help students navigate normal developmental tasks and issues. Examples: bullying, social skills, college/career awareness, kindness, empathy, and personal safety.
- Small Group Counseling/Lunch Bunch: Groups are typically created based on similar things students are going through or working on. This format uses a psycho-educational model that is goal-centered and will develop coping skills and tools. Groups can also be created to allow students to socialize with one another in a small group setting. Examples: Divorce, friendship, self-esteem, anger, and grief or loss.
- Individual Counseling: One-on-one meetings with a student to help him/her resolve problems and developmental concerns, enhance decision-making skills, and/or build coping skills. This is a confidential relationship and is a short-term (1-4 meetings) limited intervention (not intensive therapy).
- Referral Assistance: I maintain a list of agencies who may be helpful in the event of a concern beyond the scope of school counseling services.
- School-Based Consultation: Consult with teachers, parents, and specialists.
Social & Emotional Learning (SEL)
- 10 Things To Build Resilience
- Parent’s Guide to a Growth Mindset
- Scope & Sequence
- Family Codes
- SEL Parent Toolkit
SECOND STEP FAMILY CODES FOR ONLINE ACCESS
Below are the steps to register on the Second Step website to access all the online resources!
- Visit: www.secondstep.org
- Select “create account”
- Enter the activation code below depending on your students grade level
- Follow the directions for registering online
Guidance Lesson Calendar
PALS & Leadership