Doss Elementary School Student Health Service
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday when school is in session, 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
Health Services Provided
- Address the needs of students who get sick or injured at school
- Assess and treat students with diagnosed medical conditions
- Administer prescribed medication
- Promote self-care among students
- Collaborate with parents/guardians to address student health-related concerns
- Track and ensure immunization compliance as required by law
- Conduct state mandated screenings
- Conduct vision and hearing screenings
- Serve as a resource for administration, staff and parents to ensure a healthy and safe
environment for the Doss community
About Nurse Paula
I am in my sixth year as a school nurse and privileged to be in my fifth year of serving the health
needs of the Doss students and community. Before moving to Austin almost 6 years ago I worked for 17
years in adult inpatient medicine for a large health system in Delaware. Additionally, I have worked for
several years in the areas of college health, home health care, behavioral health and nursing education.
However, it is my role as mom to four amazing adult children, who once upon a time were non-stop-into
everything-high-energy- delightful little beings, that has best prepared me for being a school nurse.
Aside from appreciating the value of a good education and the hard work of dedicated parents, I just
love kids and want to do all I can to keep them healthy. Healthy kids learn better.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns about your child’s health
while at school. I am here to help.
Thank you for entrusting me with your child’s health care needs while at school!