Good afternoon Doss parents and families.
As you know, we had a lot going on this week and much to look forward to as we finish out the fall semester. First, if you didn’t know already, Mrs. Holmes will be leaving us in a few weeks to spend more time with her mother/family and will no longer serve as our math specialist. I am incredibly grateful for her years of service both as a staff member and a parent. Know that I and the administrative team are working to ensure the students she sees continue to be served and hope to have someone hired before we leave for the winter break.
Next, there is much to look forward to for next year. AISD district officials announced a proposed schedule change for the 2022-2023 (Links to an external site.) school year at last evening’s board meeting that will also include an hour early release every Wednesday for PLC or general planning. Voting on the schedule change only will take place at the next board voting session on December 16. Why are they doing this? Dr. Elizalde met with teacher and principal focus groups over the past few months to look for ways to better support campuses. Teacher planning and prep was most of the concerns she heard. You should expect community feedback sessions and/or surveys to come out within the next two weeks. Additionally, at our parent/principal coffee this morning, our parents brought up many concerns as well as ideas for the proposed early release Wednesdays. More information on the early release Wednesdays will come after the winter break.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
- Supporting New Afghan Families Info Session
- If interested, please see the following link.
- Info Session Details (Links to an external site.)
- Dual Language Informational Sessions
- If you are interested in Dual Language in AISD, please check out the following informational sessions.
- Information Session Folder (Links to an external site.)(Various Languages Available)
- Lively Middle School Information Session
- Lively Middle School welcomes you to our annual showcase, The Evening of Wonder on Tuesday, December 7th from 5:30-7:30 pm.
- This is an in-person interactive showcase where families can learn about our signature Magnet and Spanish Dual Language programs as well as the other amazing things happening on our campus.
- We will have school tours, an elective showcase in the gym, many academic and program exhibits, and performances.
- We also will be having our Book Fair in the Historic Lively Library! The entire Lively staff and community are looking forward to seeing you!
- See attached for informational flyers in English and Spanish.